Thursday, August 23, 2012

CD Review - The Upside of Down

The Upside of Down - Chris August
It was just a good week for CDs this week... Owl City (check out my review for it here), Tenth Avenue North (review coming next week) and Chris August.
I have to say that I was really impressed with Chris August's first release, No Far Away, and so my expectations were very high for this CD (as they usually are). Expectations = surpassed.
Chris kept this CD totally him but added onto his amazing sound with awesome vocals and beautiful melodies. I really appreciate the fact that he can do a variety of styles and he shows that off a little in this CD, going from bluesy in Water Into Wine to more rock in Center of It. This whole CD is packed with awesome worship, definitely a must have for fans of his first album and one to check out for people that haven't heard him before.
My favorites: Center of It and The Upside of Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment