Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CD Review - The Midsummer Station

The Midsummer Station - Owl City
I am a huge Owl City fan so I was somewhat excited very, very excited to hear this CD and I was not at all disappointed!
Lots of people I know tell me that they think every Owl City song sounds the same, not so with this album! Every song is completely Owl City but with a definite twist from how he's done things before. Because he wrote and produced with other people for this CD (something he's never done before) I felt like it gave him the freedom to mature his sound and have more creativity throughout his songs. His typical humor is sprinkled all over this CD but he brings a more thoughtful side to some of the songs as well which is very refreshing.
My favorites: Bombshell Blonde and Embers

No comments:

Post a Comment