Monday, July 30, 2012

Faith that can Move Mountains

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

I think that a lot of us Christians struggle with the fact that while one of our friends might be a great person, they don't have Jesus so they won't get to heaven. Today I came across a picture of this verse (http://pinterest.com/pin/76631631130251393/) and it hit me in a way that it never had before.
  
We can be an awesome person, we can be the best volunteer, the best scientist, the best mathmatician, the best peacekeeper, the best teacher, the best whatever, but if we don't have love we are nothing. 1 John 4:7-9 says:  Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 

God is love. God  is love. God is love.

If I speak in the tongues of men, but do not have God, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have God, I am nothing.

Me and greatness without God is nothing.
Me with God equals things beyond our wildest imaginings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment