Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review - The Rose of Winslow Street

The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
Libby's summer holiday is interrupted when she and her father find out that her house has been taken over by a family from Romania. Determined to get it back, they quickly head back home. The family, the Dobrescus, are a family full of secret but they seem to have a legitimate claim to the house, which worries Libby and her father. As Libby spends more and more time with the family, she finds herself caught further in the web of what is going on. Could she lose her family by following her heart, or will her need to be loved by her father take her in a different direction?

I absolutely adored this book. Though it was different than her last book (The Lady of Bolton Hill - which was fantabulous!), Elizabeth Camden is such an amazing writer that I enjoyed it even though it was different than what I was expecting. I love her style of writing and how you really get to know the characters. I also found this plot very intriguing and I liked learning a little bit about Romanian history.

No comments:

Post a Comment